We provide an easy to use push notification support via our Scalable Server system which allows to be notified when it’s the player’s turn or when the player receives an invitation.
Prerequisites for Android¶
- Create an entry for your game in Firebase console (see step by step)
- Communicate your senderId and key to your Asmodee contact for Asmodee.net administrator
- Follow Firebase instructions for installing Firebase SDK (only the Android part) - We recommand to use the package manager version
- Add the compilation symbol ‘FIREBASE’ to your unity project
Prerequisites for iOS¶
- Be sure that your application is hosted by the Asmodee Apple Account and not yours
- From the Unity package manager, install latest
- Go to Unity
Project Settings, section
Mobile Notifications Settings
use custom android activityoption, and add
- Add 2 icons named
larger_iconwhich will be used as notification icon
Request Authorization on App Launch``and ``Enable Push Notification
Enable release environment for APSif you plan to use release environment
You can choose between speak with Apple push server release or sandbox with the precompile definition
With those steps, your application can now speak to our backend.
The SDK provides a configuration file to set the translation keys needed for push notifications texts.
This file called
PushNotificationManagerData (DO NOT RENAME IT) needs to be in an
Editor folder and can be created via menu
Keys translations come from our localization tool and will be added to native code after compilation.
If you need to have a custom Android Manifest, make sure to uncheck UpdateAndroidManifest in your
PushNotificationManagerData asset but be sure tu add our service to your manifest.
You can find our android manifest template in file
For more technical details, see the Scalable Server documentation.
From your game, when you receive a push notification, a
ScalableServerNotification notification will be send via the notification center so if you listen to this event
since the app start you will be notified.
You can pass to sandbox mode with the compilation symbol
Enable release environment for APS set to off